Sunday, May 18, 2014

Review of Man of steel

6.9 of 10
O.K, before you leave this page let me explain my rating.  Although I was immensely entertained by the movie however there are far too many problems.  I felt like the movie lacked a good plot and failed to make me at all believe any of the relationships.  First off why does Jor El appear? how did the ship with Jor El land in the Artic? Did superman really destroy an entire city? Did superman really kill Zod (and like 1/2 million innocents in the fight)?  Is there any chemistry between Lane and Kent? Why did John Kent need to die? So wait a 10 yr. old pushed a bus out of the water, and no one cares?  The US military cant trace superman?  Is it really downhill from the first kiss?  How come the Kyrpotonians didn't evacuate? the knew well in advance.  If you can answer all these problem please let me know, I can't and I've done my research.  I am also curious, based on how the next movie is lining up I believe Lex Luthor, Batman and other major D.C Characters are already present so why didn't they show up?  I guess that's more of a continuity flaw though.   Finally, I the kryptonians new there world was dying why did they spare zod? they let themselves die but a criminal live. 
Yes, I believe the movie had problems, lots of them, but Zach Snyder does an amazing job at CGI and actions scenes, but I didn't want to see 2 hrs of fight scenes, the movie starts out with a poorly but creative way to show Superman origins, but it comes off as disjointed at least to me.   The movie I feel wasn't a great base for a franchise.  Overall I would like to see more Dailey Planet and everyday heroics before a big battle.  I felt they needed to go more in depth and build his character, its not like we just wrapped up a superman story and everybody knew how john kent died and how Superman grew up, it's been 6 years since a previous film (Superman returns) and over 15 since his origin was told.   However the actions was AMAZING!  


Plot Summary
In a military coup General Zod kills Jor-El, however he (Jor-El) is able to launch his son (Kal-El) into space with the life codes and genetic information for all of the future kryptonians.  After crash landing on Earth following Kyrpton's destruction the Kent family raises Kal-El, now named Clark Kent.  At a young age Clark could bend fencing, move trucks, leap great distance hear extremely far away and more.  As he reached his later teens a tornado killed John  Kent.   He sacrificed himself to hide his son's ability.   Eventually Clark finds a crashed ship with his fathers essence.  After learning about his family and Krypton he begins learning his power.  He learns to use his heat vision and flight ability.   Eventually General Zod threatens the planet and Kal is taken captive along with Lois Lane, a reporter.  Zod means to use the codes inside Kal to rebuild Krypton, on earth.   A battle ensues and eventually the entire city of metropolis is destroyed.  Amazingly Lois Lane lives.  Lois kisses Clark and the final showdown between an enraged and alone Zod and Superman begins.  Of course superman wins but in a shocking turn of events Zod is killed.  I actually liked that part.   The movie ends with a kinda weird scene involving the US military and a officer who finds superman hot.  At the end Clark Kent arrives at the Dailey Plant as a new reporter and Lois Lane recognize him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment